Reed Accountancy and Reed Finance consultants conducted a snap survey of 173 professionals at the end of 2020. We asked professionals what benefits they find most attractive from their employers. Choosing a benefits package based on what your employees want is the best way to retain your top talent and attract new talent.
The following list highlights the top benefits they sought:
- A generous pension was the most sought-after benefit, with 59% of those surveyed choosing this. This comes as no surprise from professionals with sound financial knowledge.
- A performance bonus was the second-most desirable benefit. This further highlights the importance accountancy and finance professionals place on financial rewards.
- Health insurance came next. 57% of those surveyed said they do receive this benefit from their employers, so this appears to be a good example of businesses offering benefits that are important to their staff.
- Remote working was considered the fourth-most desirable company benefit. Working from home has always been a desirable benefit for accountancy and finance professionals, and although many have been forced to work remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic – this looks likely to remain a popular benefit for the future.
- More paid time off / holiday allowance was also of high importance for accountancy and finance candidates, with 41% stating this is part of their top 5 five benefits.
- Flexi time was next on the list, with 30% of professionals choosing this as part of their top 5.
- Life insurance was our seventh-most popular benefit, with 28% of accountancy and finance professionals choosing this option.
- Annual salary increments and company car / allowance were tied in ninth place, both receiving 23% of the votes.
- The option to create a bespoke benefits package was also a top benefit for 12% of professionals in the sector.
For more information on benefits and salaries for accountancy and finance professionals, download our free Reed Accountancy & Finance Salary Guide 2021. The guide contains insight and salary data for the industry across the UK and will help you make informed decisions in the year ahead.