Reed are working with a manufacturing company in Woking who are looking to recruit an Accountant.
Reporting to the European Finance Manager, the accountant will be responsible for daily/monthly accounting as well as financial planning and analysis work.
Duties of this role will include:
- Performing general accounting duties as required, including preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Maintaining fixed asset records and manages company Capex reporting
- Responsible for preparing and filing multiple jurisdiction tax and VAT returns in a timely manner
- Assisting in any sales tax and/or property tax audits
- Liaise with senior staff to report on monthly sales figures
- Assuming a complementary role in various stages of the annual budget preparation
- Responsible for operating lease reporting; including various escalating leases
- Assisting the FM with the external Semi-Annual Review and Annual Financial Statement Audits; including preparation of various footnote disclosures.
Bank reconciliations. (Multi Bank accounts and currencies)
- Processing and entry of vendor invoices and resolving queries
- Check sales invoices and produce daily sales report to the USA
- Ensure all debtor, cash and bought ledger payments are promptly and accurately recorded o Participates in various credit control and collection activities
- Agree all aging, receivable and payable, balance with General Ledger
- Entry of payments onto Banking Systems in preparation for authorization of payment.
- Petty cash and employee expenses.
- Filing of purchase and sales invoices, expenses, journals and other accounts correspondence.
The ideal candidate will be CIMA/ACCA/ACA part-qualified, with experience of business partnering in an SME environment.