Our mission is simple… to help the world Love Mondays.
Every week, thousands of people across the UK start a new job – and it’s our job to help them get there.
REED is a specialist provider of permanent, contract, temporary and outsourced recruitment solutions
We require an Accountant to cover an existing workload within Salford County Council, based in Swinton.
This is an interim position initially for 3 months with the potential to be extended, dependent on workload.
• The post sits on the finance division’s accountancy group which consists of management accountancy teams aligned to council directorates and a corporate accountancy team.
• The council is a large, multi-functional organisation. You will provide revenue and/or capital accountancy support on an assigned service area, assisting finance officer level 2s and finance managers in delivering agreed objectives and outcomes.
• You will develop effective working relationships with finance colleagues and with stakeholders in the assigned service area.
• You will maintain accurate financial records on our general ledger and supporting systems.
• You will develop and maintain monitoring systems.
• You will prepare and analyse financial information to contribute to the preparation of accounts, statutory returns and reports on financial performance.
• You will support, advise, direct and coach more junior colleagues and undertake quality reviews of their work to ensure that standards and deadlines are met.
Proven technical skills and ability in the role with a record of accomplishment for delivering outcomes
• Professional credibility through proven relevant experience
• To model and demonstrate our values and behaviours
• Digital skills in SAP and Microsoft office products
• Awareness of relevant legislation, service policies and strategies
• Ability and willingness to be flexible to reflect our generic approach to providing a finance service to customers
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work with a degree of independence within the general guidelines of policies, procedures and standards
This role offers a competitive salary of £16.21 PAYE Per Hour and you’ll be working via REED who offer great benefits such as discounts, cashback offers and more as well as weekly pay.
Please apply now or email and join us in loving Mondays
All roles are subject to vetting and right to work checks