Accounts Senior - Permanent - Reigate
My client is a leading and highly reputable independent firm of Chartered Accountants in Surrey who, as a result of growth, are seeking an experienced and ambitious Accounts Senior to join their team.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious person to develop their career within a forward-thinking and growing firm where there will be opportunity for career progression and professional development.
The workload will be varied, primarily consisting of the preparation and review of both year end accounts and tax returns, whilst also involving some management accounts preparation and the review of VAT and bookkeeping work completed by junior staff.
You will also be responsible for:
• Preparation of limited company statutory accounts and corporation tax computations and returns
• Assistance with business advisory work
• Reporting to partners – you will be involved with preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and SME’s.
• Basic self-assessment tax return preparation
• Undertaking basic tax research under supervision
• Assistance with tax planning and advisory work
• Dealing with HMRC correspondence
As an ACA/ACCA qualified accountant you will have significant, recent experience of working in a varied general practice position, including accounts preparation and tax compliance work.