Network Support Administrator - International Operations
Prior to Corona Virus this role required post-holders to undertake shifts, for the time being you will perform the role from home and work 9am-5pm. Once the office is back to full time working hours within a met building it will be a shift role again and you will be remunerated as such.
This role is Monday to Friday.
When the shifts are back in place the Shift Disturbance Allowance (SDA) will be 12.5% (Monday - Friday 7am - 7pm)
hourly shift rates will be £17.03 ph mon - Fri hours / £22.16 ph Saturday / £29.01 ph Sunday
The successful applicant’s primary role will be to act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) . As a Network Support Administrator, you will support their welfare and financial needs, providing assistance during pre-deployment preparation, whilst based abroad and upon return to the UK. As an indispensable part of the wider International Operations team, you will build close relationships with your officers, acting a primary link within the London hub.
Responsibilities include quality assurance of expenses, managing travel requirements, handling annual leave requests, monitoring the team mailbox and responding to queries. Other administrative tasks will be directed by your Band D Team Leader.
- Highly organised, with effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including use of Windows based software, such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Confident whilst working on your own or as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of working to deadlines.
- Confidence with figures and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of a variety of finance processes would be beneficial: checking monthly returns; verifying receipts against statement against supportive evidence submitted. Checking totals on financial returns (including foreign currency spends).
Applicants should also be aware of the need to sign a confidentiality agreement on taking up the post.
Flexible and Part Time Working
Specialist Operations is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working arrangements, and including part time working or job share. In the first instance, please contact the vacancy holder to discuss how such arrangements could be accommodated.