Are you a Lecturer considering a fresh challenge? Looking for a new opportunity in Education? Then REED Education want to hear from you!
Title –Agriculture Lecturer
Role – Permanent
Location – North East
Pay £28,000 (Negotiable for the right candidate)
Our REED Further Education branch are currently working with a great college on an exciting new role in the North East.
We are looking for an outstanding Agricultural Instructor to join the college on a full-time permanent basis
- One of the leading Further Education Colleges in the North East and continues to go from strength to strength with retention, achievement and success rates significantly improving year on year
- The specific campus where the job will be, has been delivering land-based education to young people and adults from the North East for over 80 years
- The College is a leading provider of land-based courses and includes a beautiful 500 acre estate
- Mission Statement: “To be the centre of learning excellence, providing an outstanding experience for all students, generating economic and social prosperity for the region we proudly serve”
- The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering practical sessions to students on the Animal Care and Agricultural Programmes
- The successful candidate will be teaching tractor driving, land based machinery use/maintenance and repair, crop production with some live stock
- The successful candidate will be required to act as a link between the curriculum and the farm, and will supervise and coordinate work experience sessions on the farm
What you will need:
- A level 3 qualification in Agriculture and have relevant industry experience
- Experience of driving and maintaining a range of machinery and the ability to deliver practical sessions covering a range of farm estate skills would also be an advantage
- Certificate in technical competence for tractors
- Uk recognised teaching qualification is desirable but not essential
- DBS on the update service
Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
- Competitive pay rates
- Access to a personal consultant who is an expert in Further Education recruitment
- The ability to sign up to our Reed rewards, discount and pension schemes
- Access to a huge range of teaching opportunities through our network of branches across England
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking ‘Apply Now’. If you have any questions, then don’t hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.
Did you know?
- Reed Further Education offer market leading pay rates; along with additional holiday pay.
- We have specialist dedicated recruitment consultants to take care of every part of the recruitment process, and meet all our candidates face to face. If you are interested in registering in person, please give us a call on 0161 817 2682
All candidates who register with Reed Education will have 2 years’ referencing taken up and will be required to have a DBS check completed. All offers are conditional upon satisfactory background checks.
Reed Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.