I am working with a Central London based firm who offer consultancy for Real Estate businesses. They are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant, working in a team of 7 and reporting into the Financial Controller you will be part of this growing company who have a passion for excellence and service to their clients.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the role will initially be based from home. On occasions there may be a requirement to work with other team members from the Head Office in London.
The ideal candidate will have previously Real Estate experience across Accounts Payable and bank reconciliations using Yardi/Voyager/APB.
The duties of the role are:
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations
- Raising Sales Ledger invoices
- Posting Nominal Ledger journals using Yardi & Sage 200
- Prepare VAT returns on a periodic basis,
- Cover for payment run processing
- Purchase invoices inputting
- Prepare commentary on your accounts explaining monthly and quarterly movements,
- Completing fee calculations for month end review
- Providing support to property accountant in preparation of management accounts
- Assisting with any ad hoc information requests
- Assisting with Year-End audit process for the companies under you control
You will be responsible for the above for your assigned clients so will need to have the ability to sit back and review your work for completeness and accuracy ensuring that the accounts are in line with expectations. You will have the ability to work closely with the client to ensure accounting and reporting reflects the economic reality and meets clients agreed expectations.
If you are naturally diligent and can show the ability to effectively communicate with clients and other business stakeholders there is scope to progress in time, within the business.