Due to ongoing growth and a challenging but ultimately profitable 6 months, this Bristol-based arm of a growing European brand is looking to strengthen their finance team with a part qualified assistant management accountant to work in partnership with the management accountant in several key areas.
This is a newly created position due to growth where you will have the opportunity to not only continue your development but also bring in fresh ideas to improve processes and procedures.
You’ll be numerate, confident working with a broad range of stakeholders and have excellent IT skills, including strong Excel skills.
In return you will receive a salary ranging from £31,000 - £39,000 with an excellent benefits package which includes study support for CIMA/ACCA and a flexible working arrangement.
Reporting to the Management accountant, your main responsibilities include:
- Assist with the delivery of accurate and timely reports such as the monthly management information pack for the UK leadership team and the Management Accounts report for group controlling.
- Provide the appropriate narrative and variance analysis as necessary.
- Provide KPI’s and answer financial queries not only from colleagues in the UK but also from colleagues in Ireland and Germany.
- Attend monthly meetings with key sales staff to review the monthly sales, regularly updating of the cashflow forecasts and meeting with budget holders to discuss their actual spend compared to Budget.
- Assist the Management Accountant with the three year plan, improving controls and adhoc projects, such as costing.
The ideal you
- Part qualified (ACCA or CIMA) and currently studying
- Experience assisting with monthly managements accounts or with improving controls and processes.
- Strong level of excel including use of pivot tables, vlookups and SUMIF’s
- Prior use of SAP, Concur and PowerBi would also be desirable.
- An excellent communicator, written and verbal
- A competitive salary
- Study support for CIMA/ACCA
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Pension with 7% employer contributions
- An insurance protection package
- Health cash plan including cash plan, health check, subsidised gym membership, eye care and more
- Quarterly staff socials
- Agile working policy with the option to work some days from home
If you’re interested in finding out more, apply and we’ll be in touch to discuss further.