We have a fantastic opportunity as a Part Time Assistant Sustainability and Climate Change Officer working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a temporary part time role, initially for 4 months.
Your role will be to Support the Principle Sustainability and Climate Change Officer in preparing, implementing and monitoring a range of sustainability policy, strategy and projects to meet climate change, clean air and green infrastructure requirements.
Support the production and delivery of the Trafford Carbon Neutral Action Plan
To support the establishment of structures to enable the production and delivery of the Trafford Carbon Neutral Action plan, including the establishment and servicing of the Trafford Climate Change and Clean Air
Liaise with a range on internal and external stakeholders, including the private sector
Attend virtual internal and external meetings as required
Support the preparation and delivery of the GM Clean Air Plan
To Support green infrastructure policy, strategy, and delivery
Also support the submission and monitoring of funding bids
Management of consultants, supporting in what they need doing
Prepare clear and concise briefing papers and reports, to support senior officers and members
Undertake other such duties appropriate to the post, as may reasonably be required by the employer in compliance with the Contract of employment
- Recent experience as an Assistant Sustainability and climate change officer at a local authority
- Excellent people skills, being able to work as part of a team and communicate with colleagues, clients, and senior management.
- Degree or Equivalent professional qualification in a related subject
- Experience of working in a specialist team
- Must have experience of preparing reports and presenting information and data in a format that is clear to non-specialists.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and climate change and sustainability, and how they impact on the planning system and local economy.
- Knowledge of policy and delivery of climate change and sustainability measures and initiatives
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system