Auditor (Junior, Investment Bank)
Location: City of London
Our client is one of the largest banking groups in Europe. Built on its strong cooperative and mutual roots, with more than 140,000 employees and a presence in 49 countries, they are a responsible and responsive bank serving 52 million customers globally.
The Auditor is responsible for conducting audit tests and work streams and issuing audit conclusions and recommendations as part of an audit assignment under the supervision of a Senior Auditor or a Lead Auditor. Through interviews with auditees, reviews of documentation and data analyses, he/she is in charge of assessing the risks of activities/departments/themes reviewed and the effectiveness of the internal control setup.
I – During an audit assignment
The Auditor is responsible for carrying out audit work under the supervision of a Senior Auditor/Lead Auditor within established timeframes in accordance with IGE methodology and procedures and Internal Audit standards. It includes:
- To independently carry audit planning and fieldwork as assigned by the Lead Auditor, in accordance with IGE methodology and within agreed timeframe, including:
- A preliminary assessment of the audited activity highlighting the related risks and controls
- Testing and analysing of the results of the controls planned in the audit program
- To document clearly and precisely in the test sheets the controls performed and the conclusions reached
- To identify and report on strengths and weaknesses of the audited areas, to analyse the root causes and consequences of the identified weaknesses, to formalise possible remediation and recommendations to address the findings and to conclude on the effectiveness and efficiency of the control set-up and business practices
- To present audit conclusions to IGE management and to the management of the audited unit (debriefing presentation, final audit report, etc.).
- To keep the Lead Auditor in charge of the assignment/Local Head of Audit informed of the progress on the audit work assigned, and to escalate any issue that may impact/delay the audit’s execution or any other relevant matters that arise on the assigned audit and the risk and control environment
- To conduct recommendations follow-ups to monitor whether adequate corrective actions have been taken prior to closing any recommendations
- To ensure proper archiving of any supporting documentation, audit evidence and deliverables.
II – IGE Continuous improvement Program / Transversal topics
The Auditor contributes to the continuous improvement of IGE methodologies and processes. As part of his/her responsibilities, he/she can be requested to:
- Prepare or update audit guides or scorecards related to specific activities based on existing knowledge, documentation, interviews, etc.
- Monitor the implementation of recommendations issued
- Build and share knowledge (e.g. through contributing to SynerGIA or taking part in various Methods and Support workstreams or assignments)
- Participate in one or several knowledge communities within IGE
- Previous experience in a bank or consultancy
- Analytical skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under time pressure
- Team spirit
- Basic understanding of banking and finance activities
- Auditing techniques
- Proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint