An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Experienced Business Support Manager to join a leading Organisation based in Hillsborough.
Salary: £19.75 per hour
Duration: 6 months
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Purpose of Role:
To work in partnership with the head of branch in the administration of the Research Farm Platform and associated business processes.
• Ensure delivery of the work programme on budget by working closely with Finance Business Partners and senior project leads/unit managers. Will also include review and analysis of business related data and development of KPIs and assisting project leads/manager in budget related matters.
• Investigate, develop and help implement enhancement to process and governance and in particular budgetary management, to ensure branch meets the targets issued by Corporate Budgeting team and that anticipated budget variances are communicated to Corporate Budgeting team on a timely basis. Includes designing, development and testing of improved methods of collating and presenting budgetary information and dealing with differences between research project leaders and Finance.
• Develop and assist in the delivery of branch business plans and associate resource bids, business continuity plans and continual updating of risk registers. Ensure robust design and completion/update of BCPs and risk registers.
• Provide advice and input into the development of associated Divisional business plan. Develop branch cooperate calendar, integrate in the calendars of key staff and issue reminders to ensure delivery.
• Identify and develop reviews of key operations such as farm fleet management/procurement and contracted services to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and value for money.
• Lead investigations into optimising staffing structure that deliver an effective, efficient and resilient research branch with a positive work life balance for staff.
• Develop key business cases for procurement of high value items and services and assist senior staff in the production of robust and accurate business cases before their submission for HoB approval.
• Support Branch staff to meet external reporting requirements for funders and lead the refinement to reporting templates and mechanisms not only at branch but on occasion at divisional level
• Develop and deliver the reporting requirements related to membership of UK Innovation Centre (CIEL), use of assets and co-funded projects. To include development and coordination of communications. Also enhancing governance and reporting in relation to ASPA.
• To support the Branch to ensure the highest level of corporate and financial governance including the provision of advice and training to staff.
• Help develop/deliver a range of efficiency enhancement investigations and assist in implementation through assisting in preparing business case and procurement documentation.
• Ensure that all internal branch reporting requirements to the Head of Division and EMT are fully addressed.
• Provision of support and strategic development of systems to maintain business performance and to meet non-financial reporting requirements; Experience of providing support to budget holders
• Experience in cooperate governance and development of business plans and business continuity plans
• Experience of procurement processes.
If interested, please send updated CV via the link below to Victoria Butler – REED Belfast 02890330812