Reed are working with a public sector organisation who have an exciting opportunity for a Category Manager to join their team. Actively supporting the delivery of the direct services procurement strategy, you will be leading on a range of industrial and construction categories working with the service in managing the end to end supply and delivery.
- As category manager you will be responsible for managing a pipeline of work under the direction of the Senior Category Manager which ensures the direct service is able to maintain compliance with PCR2015 and procurement governance framework.
- Developing detailed sourcing and category plans in order to maximise the effectiveness and efficiency of all aspects of the commercial lifecycle including pre-market engagement, procurement process, contract award and contract management for complex and high value commercial projects.
- Implementing procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
- Creating documentation that is necessary for the acquisition of materials and services.
- Previous experience of leading procurement activities in both the public and private sector.
- Experience of drafting tender specifications and evaluation criteria.
- CIPS qualified or relevant experience to this level.
- Candidates will have previously managed end to end procurement cycles and delivered savings and improvements to the service.