A returning client of mine is looking to recruit a Commercial Accountant for their Finance team. In this role you will assist the Head of Finance in exercising financial control over two companies, one based in the UK and one in Europe. You will contribute to the production of financial statements and management accounts for both companies. Main duties include:
• Maintain the balance sheet accounts and ensure that clear reconciliations are available to the Head of Finance on time.
• Ensure month end deadlines are met for reconciliation and reporting.
• Prepare accruals and prepayments at month end prior to month end closing and reporting.
Period End Reporting
• Prepare monthly IBIS report.
• Prepare Cognos monthly and quarterly reporting.
• Agree monthly inter-co balances.
• Reconcile FI/CO monthly
• Prepare UK consolidated reports and ensure completion prior to leadership meetings.
• Prepare monthly cost centre reports for internal management and subsequent investigation of variances. Close year end in accordance with Group timetable and Review and justify rebates, accruals and provisions.
• Prepare all monthly management reports, along with insightful commentary on actuals in comparison with LE, PY and budget.
• Fulfil requests for additional information from the Commercial team.
• Present financial figures to the unit teams as requested.
• Train all Commercial team members to read, understand and analyse the financial reports /data.
Credit Management & Accounts Payable
• Review credit management of unit.
• Review Accounts Receivable and aging of debt.
• Review Accounts Payable and vendor aging.
• Create and set up cost centres and control master data to ensure it is up to date, accurate and complete.
• Prepare LE submissions and annual budget in conjunction with the Commercial Managers,
• Ensure understanding behind figures and question assumptions to all relevant stakeholders to ensure a robust forecast.
• Forecast cash inflows and outflows for the commercial unit on a periodic basis; subsequent review against actuals.
Auditing and Corporation Tax
• Follow up and close auditor’s queries.
• Liaise with the external accountants in relation to corporation tax returns.
• Prepare UK VAT returns, Intrastat declarations and EC Sales lists and submit to HMRC.
• Liaise with HMRC Inspectors.
• Complete ONS data requests.
• Complete corporation tax returns and maintain deferred taxation spreadsheets
Essential: Ideally seeking Qualified ACCA or CIMA candidates ( although may consider QBE or PQ's)
• Demonstrable experience within a controlling role
• Proven experience in interpreting, analysing and reporting financial data
• Sound experience of Corporation tax, VAT, Statutory accounts
• Good IFRS knowledge and experience in using SAP / Business Warehouse or Cognos is desirable
Key skills you will require:
• Ability to work independently / Self Starter with a ‘can do’ attitude, Attention to Detail, Ability to interpret and analyse data
• Planning and Organising and excellent time management to ensure deadlines are met
• Questioning mindset
• Continuous improvement ethos and approach
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Advanced Excel skills and good presentation skills.