We are working with a local authority in London who are looking for an enthusiastic and experience communicator to join their busy and friendly team as a Communications and Content Officer. Joining the team during a time where there is an identified need to get accurate and engaging communications to residents as well as other stakeholders, you will help engage residents and other stakeholders with council priorities through the development and delivery of creative and high quality content across a range of both on and offline channels.
- You will be working with wider communications team to create multi-channel, content led campaigns which will support councils corporate and strategic priorities. Ensuring that activity is appropriately targeted to engage the relevant audiences.
- Supporting the delivery and evaluation of the councils brand strategy and channels, growing engagement. Helping to plan, research and edit content, including sourcing or commissioning appropriate case studies, as well as creating audio/visual content.
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of campaign specific microsites, using word-press to publish high quality content.
- Managing and monitoring budget for communication projects.
- Contributing to a forward planning process to co-ordinate work across the communications and change team.
- Previous experience of digital communications and campaigns, including developing and managing social media in a corporate environment as a reputation management and community engagement tool.
- The ability to develop positive working relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent copywriting skills, able to make complex idea clear and easy to understand.
- Knowledge of best practice in digital communication principles.