£35-40,000 12 Month FTC
We have the pleasure of recruiting for a Compliance Manager for one of our clients based in the York Ring Road. This is a maternity contract for a 12 month period.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring compliance to the Cosmetics Directive, including testing requirements of formulations and hard goods (packaging, accessories etc), Product Information File (PIF), Cosmetics Product Safety Report (CPSR), Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP), Ingredients list verification, final inspections of finished goods
- Ensuring factory compliance to quality (Good Manufacturing Practice, ISO 22716) and ethical (SEDEX, BSCI) standards
- Ensuring compliance to the EU and UK REACH regulations, including testing, registration of substances, Substances of Very High Concerns (SVHC) certificates
- Ensuring compliance to other relevant regulations such as the Toy Directive EN71 and the Toy Safety Directive, General Data Protection Directive (GDPR), specific customers and licensors requirements
- Investigating out of specifications promptly and implementing CAPAs when required
- Managing team workload to ensure business priorities and customer critical paths stay on track
- Ensuring that customer complaints are investigated and CAPAs put in place promptly, as well as reporting on customer complaint trend analysis
- Managing Licensor online approval systems with quality and technical requirements, to gain product approval
- Responsible for monitoring and updating Licensor manufacturing agreements.
- Providing technical input throughout the product life cycle: concept, development, production, waste management and recycling
- Ensuring controlled documents are up to date (Quality Management Systems manual, SOPs and Work Instructions)
- Actively leading continuous improvements projects leading to more effective and cost-effective processes across departments and with third parties
- Liaising with the Trading Standards contact when required
- Participating in factory visits and quality inspections in the Far East
- Conducting interviews, hiring new staff and completing staff orientation
Previous Qualifications and Skills required
The Jobholder must have a BSc degree or proven experience in a related field: Cosmetics, Chemistry, Food, Nutrition, Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, etc. Also he/she must have proven experience in a managerial position such as Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager, etc.
The Jobholder must be able to work independently and under pressure, and demonstrate excellent organisational, communication, leadership and problem-solving skills. In addition to this, he/she must have a keen eye to details and a result driven approach, as well as a strong sense of ownership.
Experience with dealing with suppliers and customers based in Europe and the Far East would be an advantage.
If this sounds of interest, don't hesitate in applying or call Connor at Reed York on 01904 688760 for more information.