Compliance Manager | 50K Full time | Maidenhead.
I am seeking a Compliance Manager to join my client's Asset Management Team, this role is responsible for providing an effective management of compliance including fire, asbestos, legionella, gas, electric and mechanical installations. Ensuring the organisation maintains compliance in order to create a safe living and working environment for all stakeholders
This role is tasked with ensuring there is a robust maintenance and inspection regime inline with the relevant legislation, regulations and standards which is proactively managed to ensure 100% compliance across the board. While working collaboratively with the relevant department/contractor via the Risk Hub system to ensure that any fire risk actions are conducted within the time frames stipulated within the assessment, along with issuing the actions
- Scheduling and devising health and safety training programmes for staff.
- To work alongside the Fire and Health & Safety Manager to maintain compliance of the Fire Safety Order 2005 throughout the organisation’s stock.
- Ensuring all relevant buildings have valid fire risk assessments
- Working with the relevant department/contractor via the Risk Hub system to ensure that any fire risk actions are conducted within the time frames stipulated within the assessment, along with issuing the actions. Progress regularly reported.
- Working alongside the housing and marketing/public relations teams, to advise on customer related fire safety messages to ensure our customers are educated on fire safety matters.
- Work closely with the Asset Management department to ensure the direct labour team are following and utilising the relevant risk and method statements and auditing the compliance of equipment checks and use of PPE.
- Assist and advise the Housing department around the proactive and risk-based inspections of our estates and homes.
- Attending the Health and Safety Panel and Fire Group meetings. Devising and working on action plans and driving operational improvements.
- To ensure there is a robust maintenance and inspection regime inline with the relevant legislation, regulations and standards which is proactively managed to ensure 100% compliance across the board
- To devise and manage programmes relating to the inspection of all related M and E compliance areas including but not limited to Gas and Electrical installations.
- Ability to drive with access to a roadworthy car.
- Compliance qualification- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Experience and knowledge of Asbestos, legionella, gas and electrical management
- Experience within a housing/local authority or facilities management environment.
- Experience in Fire risk assessment.
- Working Knowledge of approved document B, Guidance on fire risk assessment of sleeping accommodation and purpose-built flats
- Experience with Risk Hub software.
Minimum 25 days per annum + bank holidays, Buy/Sell holiday scheme, Generous Pension Plan, Life Assurance Flexible Working, Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption leave benefits, Free Physiotherapy, Occupational sick pay, Annual Health Events – flu jabs and health screening, BUPA Membership with certain roles, Learning & Development Funds, Employee Recognition events and awards
If you think this role is suitable for you please apply and contact Stephanie Taylor.