Are you an experienced Credit Controller looking for a new challenge?
Reed Accountancy Oxfordshire are pleased to be working with a reputable company based in Witney to help source a Credit Controller to join their busy finance function. The role offers a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) and is currently home based. The role would be ideally suited to someone with solid Credit Control experience.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Chasing debts by phone/email hence speaking up on behalf of the company requiring good communication/diplomacy/tact/negotiation skills. In a manner which creates the optimum cash inflow while at the same time ensuring continuity of business. Use of Advanced Collections within Oracle 12.
- Cash allocation: ensuring the cash is allocated daily and accurately to maintain up to date ledgers, requiring attention to details (bank transfer and cheques, Lockbox)
- Order release: ensuring conditions are met to confirm the release diligently requiring good judgement, priority is given to 24hour customers. Follow order release process flow.
- Monitoring and control of debt/Aged debt overview: ensuring agreed terms are adhered to.
- Raising of Credit/Debit notes timely to keep customers’ goodwill in paying promptly
- Query management: to be addressed with customer service/Sales and solved promptly to keep customer’s satisfaction and identify any root causes preventing from occurrences
- Month End Aged Debt comments and reporting liaising with Finance
- Maintenance of the Sales ledger/Treasury/GL leader to ensure customer master file is up-to-date and accurate with adjustments (discount/bank charges/commissions/refunds/bad debt write offs) and payments/credit + debit notes requiring accounting skills (including rebates)
- Assessment of credit risk/Credit Risk Review: trying to find ways of accepting and controlling all business, including high risk opportunities. This involves the use of Credit Check Reports via a Credit Check Agency, the basic understanding of financial statements (Balance sheet, P&L) within approval limits requiring good numeracy skills
- Establishment of credit terms and limits/Account Review/Customer Master Setups for new customers or increased business on existing accounts taking into account the risk involved and liaising closely with sales with for export credit knowledge of export documentation and other payment methods
- All these multiple tasks to be performed by order of prioritisation and in compliance with policy and Audit requirements requiring good organisational skills.
The ideal candidate for this role would have extensive, recent experience in a Credit Control role from Retail Finance background. The ability to communicate clearly both in the written sense and verbally is crucial. You will be able to work as part of a team and to be able to work remotely for the beginning of the role. Finally, experience using a finance system would be preferable.
If you think you would be the ideal fit for this role, please do not hesitate to apply now.