Staring as soon as possible we are looking for a Deputy Examination and Achievement Manager to join the Exams team for a 6 month period.
- Delivery of an outstanding customer experience through the development of a highly effective examinations service that is flexible and responds to its users.
- To assist with the development of effective relationships with Awarding Organisations (AO) and Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ), to ensure compliance against their respective requirements.
- To assist the Exams and Achievement Manager in advising on changes to examination policy and procedures, ensure all examination requirements are met and achievement data is recorded in an accurate and timely manner.
- To develop the team of Exams Officers to deliver an outstanding examination service, ensuring a coherent and consistent service through the achievement of agreed service standards and performance indicators.
- To play a leading role in the review of current examinations systems and processes to transform the transactional experience of service users, utilising current and new technologies.
- Specialist - minimum 5 years of job-related experience required
- Experience of managing within a customer service environment and delivering service improvements
- Experience of working within the Education sector with an in depth knowledge the Examination Regulations of Further and Higher Education
- Experience of managing and coordinating high volumes of data and documents in a fast changing environment
- Successful track record of influencing teams to achieve service performance indicators
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) Outlook and Explorer and using Information & Learning Technology
- To be innovative and proactive in leading the implementation of new processes and technologies
- Ability to plan, prioritises and implement annual plans that require buy-in from non-line reports
- Strong communication and networking skills to develop effective value driven relationships
- The ability to manage transactional workflow, to monitor and report performance
- To motivate and inspire others to achieve agreed objectives and manage underperformance appropriately
- Ability to train and develop staff and service users and having strong mentoring and coaching skills
- To work independently with the ability to identify problems and implement long term solutions
- To be able to deal professionally with colleagues, services users and external partners
- A high level understanding of current examination compliance and regulations of multiple awarding bodies including all audit requirements