£30,000 per annum
Flexible working Monday to Sunday
5 Days per week
A well-known charity in the heart of Sheffield is looking for an experienced distribution manager to manage the storage of stock in the warehouse and other locations across the city. The charity has been going for over 40 years and has made a difference to many peoples lives and the position is a crucial role that will drive the charity forward.
What they are looking for is:
- Essential is previous experience of running stock control & distribution in a warehouse environment
- Strong person management experience
- Strong communication skills including interpersonal skills and report writing skills
- Full UK Driving License as you will be expected to drive to different locations
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the staff and staffing of the warehouse
- To manage the storage of stock in the warehouse
- To organize day to day deliveries, collections and distribution of donated stock received through the Warehouse and Retail shops
- Responsible for all aspects of people management in line with HR Policy and procedures including recruitment, training and the setting and reviewing of objectives.
- To recruit, support and manage volunteer sorting teams to ensure items are processed in line with policies, procedures, and quality control
- To adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for the Warehouse space, associated offices, and the vehicles
- To support the achievement of agreed budgets and standards for the Retail business, through fulfilment of Shop Managers' orders and requirements
- To motivate and inspire the team and drive positive change
- This is a physically demanding role and will include manual handling
For more information please click apply.