My client a public sector organisation in Oxford have an opening for an Employee Relations manager – this will be initially for 6 months will be working mainly remotely. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a well-respected local authority that prides its self on delivery high quality and cost effective public services. The organisation believes in Positive, inclusive, engaging and belonging experiences where people have great careers and build a better workplace for everyone.
This role will be for 30 hour per week and is ideally looking to pay between £25 - £30 per hour ideally through umbrella company, the role is viewed as being inside of IR35
The main purpose of the role
Responsible for managing all employee relations issues including consultations, grievances, disciplinaries, redundancies, performance and capability, absence, flexible working request appeals, job evaluation, TUPE, tribunals and alternative dispute resolution interventions in close liaison with managers. This role will partner with the Business Partners to provide an excellent case management service to the organisation.
The main accountabilities held within this role will include
• Drive resolution of individual employee issues from initiation to closure by determining and coordinating appropriate process.
• Ensure effective working relationships are created and maintained within and outside of the team eg Trade Union / Employee representatives, Occupational Health, Legal etc. who interface with the People Team.
• Provide dispute resolution policy information, expectation management and timely updates to all those involved in the issue including the party(ies) themselves, their managers, and People Account Managers.
• Coordinate all written communications with parties involved in investigations, hearings, and appeals.
• Provide advice and support on process / precedent to Managers involved in grievance and disciplinary hearings and appeals. Support Managers who chair formal hearings and appeals.
• Liaise with internal and external legal counsel and Occupational Health where appropriate.
• Participate in the identification and delivery of ER projects to improve the policy framework, increase ER knowledge within the People team and expand ER capability within OCC.
To be successful in the role we need someone who has:
• A supportive and collaborative team member with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Methodical and organised with high attention to detail and a professional, calm manner.
• Adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify issues and resolve complex matters in a
• timely manner, with limited guidance; work independently or within teams, and meet deadlines.
• Comfortable receiving and giving constructive feedback, with a continuous growth mindset.
• Strong hands on experience of dealing with complex individual and Company ER cases up to and including liaison with external third parties.
• Project delivery and complex stakeholder management, including Trade Unions.
• Excellent digital fluency skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Be technically savvy and have knowledge of digital employee products
• Strong UK Employment Law knowledge and HR policies and procedures.
• CIPD qualified or equivalent
If you have the necessary skill set, please apply online today, or send your CV to Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org