REED are working with a well-established family-owned manufacturer south of Norwich, recruiting for the position of Environmental, Health & Safety Manager
As Health & Safety Manager you will have sole responsibility for the health and safety of the group. You will be based at the Head Office near Norwich, but will be expected to visit each of the 4 sites at least once a month (this can be done within one-two trips)
- Develop, plan and coordinate standardised H&S and environmental management systems for the group
- Responsible for the Fire Safety of all sites
- Update and maintain risk assessments and safe working procedures
- To create, maintain and operation effective systems to ensure the safe working of all Employees, Contractors and Visitors
- Monthly site visits to carry out Internal Audits of each site – (around a total of 3-5 days per month at other sites).
- To monitor Environmental Systems and Procedures, complete all annual reports and returns
- To maintain such records as is necessary to ensure that the sites can be seen to be operating safe systems of work by outside stakeholders.
- To provide reports to the Board of Directors on the state of legislation compliance, various KPI’s and detailed information relating to any significant accident or incident across the Group.
- To monitor and record training and maintain a Skills Level Database for all staff.
- Liaise with bodies such as the Health & Safety Executive, and any other relevant outside organisations
- Ensure sites are COVID safe and communicate measures to all employees
- To provide CPC, forklift and first aid training to relevant staff (relevant training will be provided if required).
- To understand and interpret the current DSEAR regulations
Experience and requirements
- Ideally 5 years Health & Safety Management experience
- Proven experience in a manufacturing or engineering environment is highly desirable
- Experience of driving behavioural and cultural change.
- NEBOSH National General Diploma Level 3 Occupational Health & Safety (desirable)
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Environmental Management (desirable)
- IOSH Member.
- Positive influencing and communication skills to all levels in the business
- Demonstrate leadership skills with a pro-active and positive attitude.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Full UK Driving license is essential.
- Salary between £32,000 to £42,500 (potentially negotiable dependant on experience)
- Car allowance of £500 per month
- 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Discretionary company sick pay after probation
- Free on-site parking
If you have the requirements for the role and would be interested, please ensure that your CV is up-to-date and apply online as soon as possible.
Opportunity managed by Nikki Cranmer – firstname.lastname@example.org