Starting as soon as possible, we are looking for a Data Services Officer to join the Exams Team at a leading FE college in Manchester.
- Delivery of an outstanding customer experience with responsibility to ensure that data held on the college systems in relation to students, attendance and courses is timely, accurate, credibility and is consistently of high quality
- Accurate inputting, updating and maintaining of student and course data, including course file, attendance, student enrolment data and fees.
- As the named lead contact for an area, be an expert with responsibility for supporting business planning and a course file creation and maintenance service, register creation, data cleansing routines and training
- Ensure that the highest data quality standards are achieved by conducting data cleansing routines and to action data validation and error reports against an agreed schedule, whilst providing guidance and training to service users to embed a ‘right first time’ approach
- Develop effective relationships with a defined delivery area/team, to act as the expert and point of contact for that designated team for all aspects of data related matters e.g. transactional processing, course file, registers, attendance, funding rules, data quality etc.
- Minimum of 2 years’ recent experience of working in an office/administration customer service environment and delivering against service standards
- Experience of maintaining and processing large quantities of data, including collection and analysis
- A working knowledge and understanding of the Data Protection Act
- Experience of working within the FE/HE sector with an in depth knowledge of the data and funding environment of Further and Higher Education
- Experience of maintaining academic records
- Process improvement experience
- Understanding of education and the related quality assurance processes
If you are interested, please apply with your most up to date CV.