REED Finance are working exclusively with an SME Engineering business based near Wokingham.
This great business operates across two diverse sectors but is heavily contract/project biased and provides after sales service to its products. They are looking for an accountant with solid experience in finance and commercial activities, who wants to work within a small and friendly environment who is able and willing to oversee the accounts for 3 businesses.
You will be working closely with the Managing Director and Operations Director, providing them with sound financial advice and provide overall commercial responsibility.
The successful candidate will run the day to day accounts production and reporting for the main company and its 2 subsidiaries, together with ensuring that processes and controls are in place. Alongside this you will support the business with commercial activities around contract review/proposals together with project accounting and profitability.
The Finance Manager will have previous experience of working within a similar environment and is looking for the opportunity to become the Financial Director in the near future when the current FD retires.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Overall day to day accounting and commercial responsibility for the three companies
- Contract and project review
- Provide financial information to the existing accounting system while meeting the regulatory standards and complies with HMRC
- Oversee the Purchasing/Invoicing of all equipment and services
They are currently heavily excel dependant but will want to implement a new system and the Finance Manage would assist in the selection of the new system and help in implementation.
To be considered for this opportunity you will ideally have/be:
- Fully Qualified (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) or Qualified by Experience
- Recent relevant experience working in the Engineering sector or similar - heavy contracts/projects
- Experience running small finance departments with a hands on approach
- Advanced Excel skills
Salary on offer is circa £45k - £54k, with discussions to be had in the future about becoming a Director and having shares within the business.
Does this sound like you ? If so apply now