A listed, international Mining Company is looking to hire a technically strong Finance Manager to join their team. The role offers an excellent opportunity for the successful individual to get exposure to a broad and varied Finance role within a listed company setting.
The purpose of the Financial Manager role is to ensure financial, statutory, regulatory and policy compliance and deliver the required financial information to management and support to Group Financial Controller.
Duties will involve:
• To ensure financial compliance in accordance with the UK applicable tax and financial reporting rules.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, half year and full year financial reports and tax returns
• To ensure Group’s financial consolidation is prepared timely and in accordance with the Group’s relevant accounting policies.
• Prepare and maintain Group’s consolidation schedules including group’s consolidated cash flows
• Preparation of the annual budget including measurement of performance against budget, including variances and commentary.
• Preparation, reporting and update of cashflow forecast, including liaison with stakeholders responsible for reporting on accuracy thereof, highlighting variances and reasons and identifying and raising opportunities to reduce costs
• Submit statutory reports to local authorities as when required ensuring the procedures are adhered to
• To process UK payroll and make relevant filings.
• To liaise with auditors in relation to annual audits and interim reviews.
Applicants will need to be fully qualified ACCA, ACA, CIMA or equivalent and have strong technical accounting experience ideally within a listed company or gained in practice. Strong systems skills including intermediate to advance excel is essential along with strong communication skills. Excellent stakeholder management skills are essential as the role is an outwardly facing finance position.