Are you an experienced Finance Manager with a background in Practice, looking for a hands-on role in a successful company that has had continued growth this year?
Based in South West London, our client is a very well-established family office property consultants who provide advice to High Net Worth Individuals in the management of refurbishment projects on high-end residential properties. They also provide a range of property management services, including financial administration and household accounting.
This is a new role due to the continued growth in clients and accounting work carried out on behalf of clients. Working closely with the Finance Director, you will be supporting both partners and clients to deliver accounting and financial reporting services along with the company’s own management accounts and overseeing some internal administration procedures.
The ideal candidate for this role will come from an accountancy practice background with plenty client facing experience. Excellent communication and presentation skills are key along with a hands-on approach and taking the initiative to develop and improve internal processes.
As much of the financial reporting is bespoke and stems from specific client needs, strong Excel skills are essential, ideally paired with experience in both Sage 50 and Xero.
The Finance team currently consists of a Finance Director and Assistant Accountant, with the newly created Finance Manager role intended to assist both, while ultimately taking on further responsibility from the Finance Director. Duties will include a mix of company accounting, client accounting and client on-boarding, see below for further information:
- Preparation of management accounts, forecasts, and other financial reporting
- Reviewing resource costs and overheads and monitoring gross profitability
- Overseeing timesheet system, monitoring submissions, and reviewing project profitability.
- Producing regular project profitability reports
- Cashflow forecasting and ensuring adequacy of cash reserves
- Company secretarial duties
- Maintaining fee forecasts, budgets and monitoring anticipated future profitability
- Overseeing month end fee invoicing process and ensuring completeness
- Monitoring debtor book and ensuring credit control is undertaken across the team
- Overseeing preparation and review of quarterly UK VAT return
- Overseeing preparation and review of monthly French VAT return
- Reviewing payment runs and providing final authorisation of payments
- Managing corporate credit card account
- Managing professional indemnity insurance renewal process and preparing submissions
- Administering auto-enrolment pension scheme
- Co-ordinating payroll administration and reviewing monthly payroll reports
- Overseeing French payroll administration
- Review monthly expenses claims, investigate high value and unusual items, and authorise for payment
Overseeing and assisting with the delivery of bespoke household accounting services to clients, including: Purchase invoices, payments runs, bank reconciliation, accounts to TB, develop financial reporting
This is an exciting opportunity, if this sounds like the next step in your career, please apply today.