My well established client is currently looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team on an initial 2 month contract to cover staff sickness. This contract could be well be for longer dependent on further absence.
This role will be well suited to either a Qualified Accountant or someone who is in their final year of their ACCA/CIMA or qualification equivalent.
Job Duties Include:
- Act as a member of the Finance management team. Creating an inspiring team environment, with an open communication culture.
- Continuous improvement of the Treasury Management, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions, setting team priorities and reporting on key KPI’s of the team.
- Review and develop internal financial controls and procedures for the Financial function.
- Ensure timely completion of all month-end and year-end close processes for the Financial section
- Managing and reporting on Cashflow forecasts and trends.
- Management of the Fixed Asset Reporting function, including production of Fixed Asset spend reports and ensuring verification of assets. Processing and forecasting monthly depreciaton.
- Ensure fundamental reconciliation’s and returns are performed in a timely and accurate manner. Responsible for statutory returns including VAT returns.
- Provision of information, assistance, advice and training to colleagues
- Support the Head of Finance in consultation and negotiation with auditors and suppliers.
- Providing line management support, training and development of team members.
- Control of standing information held within the various ledgers of the financial accounting system. Ensuring compliance with all financial regulation and procedures.