Financial Accountant – County Down
An excellent opportunity - A newly created role in an already thriving commercial business!
With over 30 years’ successful trading history, our client, based in the heart of County Down, have a brand-new requirement for a full time & permanent Financial Accountant.
This newly created position is due to the continued expansion of the group and offers the successful applicant the chance to hold a varied and engaging role, in a fast-paced commercial sector.
This role reports directly to senior management and as is considered an integral function of the Group.
- To gather and monitor key financial data (e.g. sales revenues and liabilities)
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including Earnings, Cash flow, Net debt etc
- Production of yearly Statutory Financial Statements and supporting audit information.
- Management and projection of the Group’s cashflow
- Preparation and review of month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of cost pressure analysis for care packages.
- Maintenance of relationships with internal and external stakeholders including auditors, banks, solicitors etc
- Manage tax payments.
- Improvement of financial processes
- Prepare budgets for day to day running and essential Cap Ex
- Guidance, assistance, and practical support to the wider finance team
- Assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements
- Preparation for the Group Financial Plan 2020-2024
- All applicant should be a Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar) with at least 3 years post qualification industry experience
- Excellent technical understanding of FRS 102 and its application
- Strong understanding of Taxation within owner managed businesses
- Advanced excel skills.
- Self-motivated and proactive with an ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize and multitask within tight timeframes.
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to a range of stakeholders
- Demonstratable ability to manage a wider finance team
- Strong ability to present findings or suggestions both in writing and verbally
- Experience in Sage Accounts and Sage Payroll software
For more information, confidentially contact Laurence Jago at REED FINANCE BELFAST. You can apply via this advert link, or alternatively you can contact me confidentially on LinkedIn.