Financial Complaints Handler
Location: London, Canary Wharf
Are you an analytically minded individual, with a passion for problem solving and a good listener? If so, this may be the role for you!
Launched in 2001, our client makes a real difference to people’s lives every day. Last year, they heard from over 1.4 million individuals faced with a financial problem, and they continue to successfully resolve complaints between customers and financial businesses.
We are currently recruiting for Financial Investigators to join our growing client, based within the vicinity of Canary Wharf. Set up by Parliament, they are the UK's official expert in resolving disputes between financial organisations and their customers. They have the unique power to put things right if the customer has been treated unfairly.
As an Investigator, you will be thoroughly investigating both sides of the dispute by reviewing the evidence and speaking to the customer and the financial organisation. Using sound judgement and the expertise of both yourself and your team, you’ll then make an impartial decision that feels fair. You will then communicate your findings in writing and over the phone in a way that is clear for everyone to understand.
You’ll have a 6 month training programme developing the skills that’ll help you to find answers to problems that are fair and feel fair to the people that come to you for help.
Building on your existing experience, you’ll learn to listen carefully to both sides, ask the right questions and use sound judgement – as well as drawing on the expertise and knowledge of those around you.
You’ll need to build trust, manage expectations and explain what you think, and why – both in writing and over the phone. You’ll thrive in an environment where no two days are the same – and you’ll be motivated by doing the right thing.
As a successful Investigator, you will possess a range of the following:
- Experience of helping people in a customer-facing or case handling role
- Desire and curiosity to learn and build your knowledge
- Ability to evaluate evidence using sound judgement and empathy
- Self-motivated and organised
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services and products is beneficial, but not essential.
Making you feel valued is important to our client, so they offer a highly competitive salary and rewards package:
- Membership of a non-contributory pension
- Life assurance and private medical care for yourself, with the option to add family members
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy and sell extra days
- Flexible working opportunities
- A free onsite gym, including yoga studio
- A monthly cash allowance to spend on other benefits, like dental care and travel insurance
If you meet the above criteria and have a passion for doing what feels right and fair, please apply today!