Want to secure a role to support a new start-up organisation in their research into biotechnology?
Reed Finance are delighted to be exclusively engaged with a start-up business in search of an experience Financial controller on a part-time basis (2 days p/w). This is an excellent opportunity for qualified candidates who want to take on a role with a client who’s main aim to support in the research in macrophage biology and help make a different in peoples lives.
This will be exciting role to join a fast-growing team which will see the successful candidate fully in control of managing their finances. You will deliver financial information, management information, cash flow forecasts and working across all levels of the business to help produce & support strategic decision making at a board level.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing the CEO and Board with financial insight and appropriate & timely reporting
- Responsibility for ensuring that financial processes, systems and controls are designed, implement and operating effectively
- Ensuring the statutory records of the business are maintained
- Developing and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (FRS 102)
- Managing the cash flow and preparing cash flow forecasts
- Responsibility for VAT, PAYE and tax planning including corporation tax and R&D tax credits
- Preparing and delivering the budget, annually and updated as need, to the Board in consultation with budget holders across the business
- Overseeing all aspects of the annual audit, working with the Audit Committee of the Board, and liaising with external auditors as necessary
- Developing a rigorous process for procurement, ensuring that purchasing and contracting deliver value for money and fall within budget
- Must hold a professional accountancy qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar level role
- Strong understanding of UK accounting and reporting requirements
- Ability to converse with all levels within the business and present to executives
If this sounds like a role you have the experience to take on then please apply via this advertisement or contact Roddy Mackenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.