We now seek an experienced and dynamic Financial Controller to join a fast growing business in Huntingdon.
We are looking for a capable Financial Controller who possesses the ability, ambition and commitment required to become the business’ next Finance Director in the next two years.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Motivate and lead the finance team
• Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported and in line with time line expectations
• Ensure monthly board packs are produced and provide accurate and dynamic financial business insight
• Ensure Business Unit heads are provided with proactive support and information to help them drive and improve business efficiency
• Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
• Manage cashflow by tracking transactions and reviewing daily with Finance Director
• Responsibility for transactional data flows to support the management account outputs
• HMRC compliance including: Corporation Tax, R&D Tax Claims and PAYE responsibilities
• Responsible for financial Corporate Governance across the group
• KPI reporting as required
• Work to continually support and develop a robust control environment
• Maintain a culture and ethos of continuous development and improvement
Desired experience and qualifications:
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong accounting experience with a sound understanding of management accounting disciplines and knowledge of accounting and reporting systems.
• Problem solving and analytical skills.
• Experience of working within a group or multiple business environment.
This role offers a real route to FD level fast so please apply now if you are interested.