Financial Controller - South Cambridge - £75,000-£90,000 per annum
A truly exceptional opportunity has arisen with a biotechnology company based to the South of Cambridge. This organisation is at the forefront of their field and have recently won a contract which will see their turnover take a dramatic upturn.
The Co-Founders are looking for an experienced, confident and highly skilled Financial Controller to bring their accounts in house (working alongside the existing Chartered Accountants), to take full responsibility for the company financials, and to assist in driving the business forward.
Duties to include:
- Regular reporting to the Co-Founders on the company’s financial position including debtors, real time cash flow, P&L and weekly data analysis
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and providing a detailed commentary including recommendations to the Board
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, Accounts Receivable and Payable, General Ledger and Cost Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Cash flow management, reporting and analysis – Daily, weekly, monthly
- Full responsibility for the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Full responsibility for carrying our month end, quarter end and year end statutory reporting
- File VAT returns on a timely basis and preparation and filing of any relevant R&D tax credits and related Tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
This is a hands on position, and therefore requires an individual who is not afraid or reluctant to get involved with some of the day to day accounting tasks, as well as the more senior elements. There will be a period of transition while the existing Accountant hands over responsibility for the accounting, and this role will then become the full responsibility of this post holder.
This company is experiencing a tremendously exciting period of growth, and this requires the successful candidate to have a calm and logical approach, as well as excellent technical skills.
This client is seeking the following qualifications and experience:
- Graduate with a numerical degree
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified.
- Competent Technical Accounting ability
- An understanding of the challenges of overseeing financial aspects of a quickly growing and evolving business
- Excellent communicator
- Strong Organisational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Project management
- Proven ability of working under pressure
- Strong IT skills – including advanced Excel.
Please note that due to the location of this company, it is essential that candidates have their own transport.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing organisation at a very exciting time in their history. Please apply now for more information.