Reed Finance are working in partnership with a higher educational institution based in Edinburgh City Centre to support them in recruiting their next Financial Planning & Analysis Manager.
This role reports to the Financial Controller and will see you lead a team of Financial Analysts to support the senior management in the delivery of an effective reporting, control, and analysis function. Candidates making their first move from practice will also be considered for this great opportunity.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing, leading and developing a team of people in support of the Financial Controller and the Finance Director, you will be a senior and key team member.
- Responsible for monthly management reports, budget and forecast analytical work and contributing to the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Liaising with the finance business partners and other senior internal staff. Strong relationships internally are essential so you can guide and inform their activities. Your team's information will form a lot of the data they are using.
- Supporting the financial controller in maintaining full financial accounting processes, analytical review and balance sheet reconciliation and providing resource to produce annual statutory accounts for the group.
- Playing a lead role in the continuous improvement agenda, with ongoing appraisal and re-evaluation of financial reporting systems and change management to new ways of reporting and working
- Professional accounting qualification with some significant post-qualifying experience. You will have a well-rounded technical accounting basis of experience.
- Experience in line management or leading audit engagements
- Highly Analytical with advanced excel skills
If you would like more information on this role, or my client, then please apply via this advertisement or contact Roddy Mackenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org