I am excited to be working with a very well-established business based locally seeking to recruit an interim FP&A Accountant in key role Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager. The primary responsibilities will include providing finance support to this £50m turnover division with operations spread across six locations in three countries.
The successful candidate will be expected to actively influence business performance by providing timely and insightful analysis and management information to key stakeholders within the business. This role will be fully involved in all aspects of the P&L and Balance Sheet for the business. In addition to the divisional responsibilities the role will also be required to support with group FP&A activities to include consolidations and the preparation of the monthly group reporting pack.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Provision of commercial analysis and financial support to the divisional team
• Review and analysis of key variances and trends on P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and statistical metrics
• Detailed analysis of sales and margins by customer and product
• Business case analysis and preparation of capital expenditure projects including new product development
• Reporting and analysis on inventory valuation and turnover ratio, preparation of the annual standard cost roll and assisting with efforts to improve forecasting accuracy and reduce excess stock
• Writing concise and meaningful performance commentaries, identifying root cause and countermeasure actions
• Oversight of the cycle counting program to ensure inventory accuracy levels are maintained
• Preparation of the monthly reporting packs for the division
• Ownership of departmental cost reporting and analysis to include working closely with budget owners to exploit cost reduction opportunities
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register
• Assisting with the preparation of the annual operating plan and quarterly forecasts
• Supporting with group FP&A tasks and consolidations
• Continual review of systems to ensure that they are being used to their full potential
• Providing support to the wider Finance team as required during the month end close
• Use of operational excellence tools to drive continuous improvement in processes and systems, including kaizen participation
• Maintaining strong internal controls and supporting during internal and external audits
• Other ad-hoc analysis and information provision throughout the month to support the wider divisional team as required
You must be CIMA / ACCA Qualified with time spent in a similar role with exposure to Senior Management, the proven ability to work to tight reporting deadlines whilst maintaining accuracy and will possess Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. You will demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work effectively as part of a team and as an individual and to build strong working relationships with Finance and non-Finance colleagues at all levels.
To apply please email your CV to Laura Vatter for more information.