Financial Transaction Officer
My client are a SE London Local Government Office who are seeking an experience Financial Transaction Officer to start work asap!
As part of the Children’s Payments team within Financial Transactions Team they will be responsible for daily processing of supplier invoices, liaising with the service area to ensure costs are appropriately allocated to facilitate prompt payment. They will be expected to deal with any queries and enforce the policies and procedures.
Main purpose of job:
To provide professional, customer focused, efficient and effective financial transactional services to a range of stakeholders. To work with officers across the Council to ensure that appropriate financial controls are in operation including high volume and /or high value transactions. Ensuring all receipts or payments are dealt with professionally and in accordance with Audit recommendations and Financial Regulations.
Duties and responsibilities
- To contribute to a first class Financial Transactional Service processing payments coming in and going out of the Council.
- To be able to work to strict deadlines and timetables
- Responsible for making and receiving payments to/from a wide variety of debtors and creditors
- To contribute to the delivery of a wide range of financial processing functions by inputting data, validating data, analysing evidence and maintaining accurate and detailed records
- To liaise with internal stakeholders across the Council (including, but not limited to, budget holders, team leaders and social workers) to ensure smooth running of the Financial Transactional Service
- To liaise with, and provide good customer service to, external stakeholders (including, but not limited to, foster carers, suppliers of goods and services, PPF providers and other debtors and creditors) to facilitate the payment of invoices and / or the collection of payments. This should include taking a proactive approach to resolving any discrepancies.
- To control and report on sensitive financial data, understanding appropriate levels of confidentiality and to operate accordingly.
- To carry out regular reconciliations of financial records
- To be recognised as technically proficient on a wide range of financial systems including an understanding of system interfaces.
If you have experience in the above and can start asap please do not hesitate to submit your CV today!