An oversubscribed school in Reading are looking for a teacher of Food Technology Teacher to join them in January 2021. This school were performing in the top 1% of all secondary schools nationally (DfE, Sept 2019). It also the 5th best-performing non-selective school across the surrounding counties of Berkshire, Hampshire, Oxfordshire and Wiltshire.
In 2017 the leadership at this school changed and within one year it was performing in the top 175 schools in the country with a progress 8 score of 0.97.
- 95% of their pupils report through our pupil survey that behaviour is very good
- 97% of their pupils report through our pupil survey that they feel safe at school
Benefits for teachers…
- Employee assistance programme and medical cash plan
- 65 hours - teachers are not required to be Form Tutors as they do not have registration period
- 59 hours - of flexible PPA time allowing staff to go home early or come into school late
- 30 hours - teachers do not deliver PSHE
- 26 hours - teachers have no break / lunch supervision duties
- 18 hours - as there are no after school interventions
Unique feature of the school...
- New school day – by the time they leave year 11, pupils will have had the equivalent of six years education in five without reducing school holidays
- Small year 11 class sizes – they have reduced year 11 class sizes to 12-15 pupils.
- Integrated KS3 curriculum – paired subjects work together to provide R.E.A.L (Relevant Engaging Active learning) lessons.
This is very dynamic school that can offer progression, superb CPD, a new learning environment and motivated and well-behaved students! If you are a Food Tech teacher and you are looking for a new post for January 2021, you need to be working here!
Applications from NQT's and well qualified teachers are encouraged.