REED Procurement & Supply Chain division are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with our client, a pharmaceutical manufacturing business, in Middlesbrough on the appointment of a Global Procurement Manager to join their team.
This is a newly created role and an exciting time to join the company in a period of rapid growth!
Reporting into the Vice President of Global Supply Chain, you will be responsible for implementing procurement strategies and procedures whilst supporting Buyers across a variety of locations in the US and Europe.
This is a full-time and permanent role offering £50,000 - 60,000 per annum DOE with an excellent benefits package.
The working hours are 08:30-16:30 Monday to Friday although flexibility will be required.
** Whilst this is a global role, the main work will be conducted from Middlesbrough so you will need to be able to live within a reasonable distance **
- This role will require global travel - typically once or twice a month to locations such as Miami, Norway and Germany.
- Ensure the availability of materials for the production process at a defined quality level.
- Develop short, medium, and long-term procurement strategies for assigned product groups at global/regional level.
- Head the global sourcing team for assigned raw materials.
- Manage the supplier relationship and continuously improve the process of identifying, selecting and evaluating suppliers.
- Evaluation of suppliers and regular review of supplier performance against defined KPI's and conclusion of contractual agreements to achieve and ensure the required performance.
- Work with the local Supply Chain teams and plant managers to regularly review the raw material portfolio and promote the introduction of alternative raw materials.
- Implementation of price and value analyses and risk analyses of the defined suppliers.
- Conducting negotiations and concluding contracts.
- Active participation in cross-functional and international projects.
- Responsible for creating and adhering to the budget.
- Participation in management meetings.
- Consolidation of local Supply Chain performance and issues and regular communications to Senior Management.
- At least 3-5 years' professional experience in strategic procurement or in a technical field.
- Able to work in a global role which involves monthly travel.
- Experience in the pharma or food supplier industry is an advantage.
- Entrepreneurial flair and strong analytical and strategic thinking.
- First class negotiating skills.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Good knowledge of the principles of procurement.
- Ability to work in a past-paced and pressured environment.
Interested? Please apply ASAP to be considered!