We are looking for a qualified Health and Safety Manager to manage all aspects of Health and Safety in accordance with legislation across the College Group. You will enjoy liaising with managers and providing them with current, best practice advice.
With excellent interpersonal and communication skills, you will also have knowledge of the considerations within a College environment and the ability to conduct risk assessments, along with producing any associated documentation.
As well as a genuinely satisfying job and rewarding job you can look forward to excellent benefits and on-going training and professional development opportunities.
To advise in all health and safety matters and assist in the maintenance of accurate records.
• To ensure, as far as practicable, all College employees, students, contractors and visitors are aware of their specific and collective duties under the HSWA, together with its associated regulations and approved codes of practice.
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of Health & Safety policies and procedures and codes of practice to ensure that all workplaces and learning activities are in accordance with current legislation and standards. To advise managers on the implementation and monitoring of safety procedures and policies.
• Responsibility for maintaining and delivering the College’s Risk Assessment programme in conjunction with other departments.
• To regularly inspect the workplace and to ensure that standards are being achieved, safe systems of work are being adhered to and to make recommendations for any improvements.
• To assist managers, as appropriate, in the investigation of accidents, incidents and near misses and recommend means of preventing a recurrence. To assist the Head of Health & Safety with reporting under RIDDOR.
• To be involved with and support the College Group Contingency planning and implementation.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE THE RELEVANT EXPERIENCE STATED - NO OTHER APPLICATIONS CAN BE CONSIDERED