Reed Recruitment is delighted to partner with a large and reputable Agriculture business for their new vacancy. We are looking for a Health and Safety Officer; you will be reporting to the General Manager, but will have responsibility for the Health & Safety operations at their Meath site.
Please read on for more details regarding this fantastic opportunity:
- Responsible for being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety legislation and any developments that affect the employer's industry.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas: fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Carrying out risk assessments, assessing workplace hazards, considering how risks could be reduced, formulating preventative measures including safe working procedures/safe systems of work and monitoring conformance.
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy for their site
- Leading site in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks; and maintaining records of same.
- Control of all onsite training and assist the training officer
- Investigating and recording any incident, accident or dangerous occurrences
- The safe installation of equipment
- Ensuring emergency response procedures are maintained and updated as required.
- Ensuring that the Safety Policy is implemented throughout the plant
- Ensuring that management is advised on and understands all matters relating to the Safety of personnel, such as safe working practices, equipment and Safety training.
- Assisting as required with insurers’ audits and enquiries.