Reed are working with a local authority who have an exciting opportunity for a Housing Services Manager to join their team. Responsible for delivering the functions of the housing service, including homelessness, housing allocations, grants and loans.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of work plans for the service, which will be in accordance with the councils priorities and objectives.
- Ensuring the effective management of allocated budgets as well as other resources, ensuring plans for spending reductions are delivered.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues across the council, partner agencies and other organisations, ensuring the delivery of excellent integrated services for residents.
- Undertaking projects, initiatives and additional duties as required to ensure the effective management and delivery of the councils services to residents.
- Participating in the overall management of the council.
- Relevant technical experience and knowledge relating to housing and environmental health.
- Experience in leading and developing a team or service.
- Knowledge of major legislative, social and economic issues relevant to the role.