REED HR are currently working with a leading organisation based in Washington who are recruiting for an experienced HR Advisor to join them on a 12-month FTC.
The salary is £25,500 - £28,500 per annum.
- Drive and deliver absence management policies and procedures using a proactive approach and through the use of processes and occupational health.
- Provide support and guidance to line managers on all performance management issues and employee relations activities including grievances, discipline and absence issues.
- Work with department heads and line managers to drive improvements and consistency in employee relations issues.
- Handle high level employee issues such as disciplinary dismissal and dismissal for capability under the absence procedure and produce the relevant correspondence.
- Liaise with Company solicitors to ensure compliance with UK legislation and risk avoidance for employee issues.
- Work with Trade Union representatives where required.
- Provide HR metrics and analysis in relation to employee headcount, attendance, annual reviews and employee relations.
- Help with the implementation of a new HR system.
- Deal with employee and customer queries and general department administration.
- Liaise with Payroll on changes to employees.
- CIPD Level 3 or higher or equivalent HR qualification.
- Experience in a similar position is essential, experience within a manufacturing environment would be desirable.
- Confident with IT systems and software - Microsoft Word, Excel, HR and Payroll systems.
- Proven ability to deliver advice in line with best practice for the organisation.
- Proven influencing skills.