HR AND PAYROLL MANAGER (7 MONTH FIX TERM CONTRACT)
UPTO £34,000 + EXCELLENT BENEIFITS
REED HR are currently working with a Public Sector client looking for an experienced HR/Payroll Manager to take over the responsible for the day to day management of a small team of experienced HR/Payroll Administrators. This will include monitoring and supervising work, coaching, and mentoring where applicable and dealing with any performance management issues
Payroll knowledge is essential, as checking payroll each month and carrying out associated audit checks is a key part of this job.
If you have previous experience within a HR Team Leader, HR Consultant, HR Officer, HR Advisor and Payroll Manager, Payroll Team Leader, Payroll and HR Support and looking for a 7 month fix term contract, then send your CV in for immediate consideration ASAP!
- First point of escalation for any queries or issues that the team are not able to respond to directly.
- HR Operations function support and lead improvement initiatives which result in highly effective and efficient processes and services.
- Manage all of the key transactional HR activities including; issuing of employee contracts, staff changes, data management and reporting, on- boarding of new starters, processing of leavers accurately and generally ensuring the integrity of data held on Workday (our chosen HR system)
- Responsible for the payroll checking and sign off each month, this includes liaising with colleagues in Finance to obtain approval
- Keep up to date with any communications and represented at all regional meetings such as Payroll, Pensions Forum’s
- Manage HR Operations meetings and activity log to ensure that the team are delivering, and process change is driven forwards
- Carry out regular 1-2-1 meetings with team members ensuring that they are delivering against agreed objectives
- Ensure that any changes where the employees are impacted is supported with appropriate communications
Essential the candidate has managed Payroll Administrators, as well as HR Administrators and has ideally worked for a public sector organisation.
- Strong proven Manager /Team Leader experience from within an HR Operations function
- Knowledge of HR, Payroll and Pensions administration functions and processes
- Capable of building strong and trusted internal working relationships across the business and functions to deliver required results, including with senior stakeholders
- Attention to detail and experience of delivering high quality service in a fast-paced environment
- Previous Civil Service experience is highly beneficial
- CIPD qualified or working towards a qualification
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and a confidential discussion about the available opportunity by clicking the “Apply now” button