Are you an HR Assistant with experience in Payroll? If so, this may be the job for you.
My client, based in South West London, is urgently looking for a new Payroll & HR Assistant to join their small but integral team. The successful candidate will have previous experience in handling payroll for a high number of employees (100+) and will be up to date with all of the latest legislations in regards to pensions and payroll. CIPD is not necessary, but would be an additional bonus. This role will be 60% HR and 40% Payroll, you will also assist with general day-to-day HR activities.
Candidates must also be willing to travel on occasion to other London sites, most likely on a weekly basis. This is an urgent requirement therefore candidates will need to be on 1 weeks notice or less, a quick start is required. Unfortunately candidates with longer notice periods cannot be considered at this time.
- Assist HR Officer in the organisation of staff induction days
- Respond to routine telephone enquiries and visits from staff and managers
- Undertake all administration of all staff files including new starter files and leavers.
- Assist the HR Officer in administration and co-ordination of all recruitment activity
- Assist the HR Officer and HR Manager in coordinating and administering training and development programs and liaising with external training providers
- Administration and processing of DBS certificates for employees
- Ensure that all HR databases and spreadsheets are kept up-to date
- Prepare absence reports
- To assist in all aspects of the delivery of a payroll service
- To undertake the checking of timesheets and assist with staff queries
- To prepare input and reconcile employee details – starters/ Leavers/ changes etc,
- To action all necessary work in relation to wages, Pensions, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Paternity Pay and general absence as per policies and legislation
- To have up to date knowledge of legislation in relation to payroll & Pensions
This role is not a remote working role, you must be comfortable travelling and working in the office. There may be some working from home days occasionally, this will be temporary during the pandemic.
If you have the experience needed please apply today! Please note that interviews will likely take place towards the end of next week.