Reed HR are exclusively partnering with a leading manufacturing company based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, who are looking to appoint a HR Officer on a 12 month fixed term contract basis initially.
In this role you will report in to the HR Manager to ensure legal compliance and best practice HR processes and procedures are in place and maintained. In this role you will demonstrate the ability to identify and report problems and assist in actions for continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities include:-
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective on-boarding plans
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain all employee records according to policy and legal requirements
- Assist in general administrative duties required for the department and business
- Organise and schedule training courses, sessions and activities as appropriate and maintain all training records as necessary
- Ensure all employee records are legally compliant and in accordance with the relevant Data Protection regulations in force
- Assist in the preparation of employee data for payroll
- Be flexible in your approach to any other duties in accordance with the needs of the business
Experience and Skills Required:-
- Level 5 qualified or working towards ideally
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a Human Resources role
- HR experience within a manufacturing environment (desirable)
This opportunity is full time working 37.5 hours per week and offers a highly competitive salary plus excellent additional benefits including 25 days holiday + BH, 5% Non-contractual Bonus, Death In Service, Group Income Protection and Pension scheme. There is also free parking available with this role.