We have a fantastic opportunity for an In-House Advocate working at a Leading Local Authority in Greater Manchester. This is a Temporary Full-time role, initially for the next 2 months.
Your role will be to assist primarily with public law children’s cases, within the Social Care team in the local authority.
You will be undertaking advocacy on behalf of the local authority, primarily in the Family Court and on occasion in the High Court as required.
Provide advice where necessary, for example review evidence and give a view on findings to be sought, complex legal argument etc.
Assist in case preparation, such as drafting case summaries, threshold/schedules of findings, position statements, skeleton arguments.
You will ned to be experienced in this position, as you will also need experience of conducting care proceedings and an up to date working knowledge of the relevant legislation and procedural rules.
- Previous experience as a In House Advocate, working on public law children’s cases
- Must be a qualified Solicitor / Lawyer
- Valid Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Excellent people skills, being able to talk to children, carers, family members, and other senior professionals.
- Reed Reward Benefits and Discounts
- Flexible Payment Options i.e. PAYE / Umbrella and Ltd options
- Weekly Pay, with Online Timesheet system