Our client is a leading Housing Association based in Norwich. Due to expansion they require 2 Insurance Officers to join them on a temporary basis until end January 2021. The role will initially be working from home but may be returning back to the office in the new year.
Main purpose of the role:
The Insurance Officer will undertake the claims management process, minimising claims exposure, advising the business on claims liability, ensuring that at all times the organisation adheres to all legal obligations.
- Perform all tasks on a timely and accurate basis and in line with the agreed service level agreement. Escalate to the Senior Insurance Officer where these may not be met in order that they can implement contingency plans where appropriate to maximise service delivery and maintain standards.
- Demonstrate an acute attention to detail and investigatory nature towards all claims processing, reconciliation and reporting duties. Ensuring data is reviewed and discrepancies rectified on a timely basis.
- Take a proactive approach to all duties undertaken ensuring that any concerns raised from internal or external sources are satisfactorily resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Represent the team in a positive manner ensuring information is shared appropriately. Provide relevant training and guidance to enable stakeholders to meet the requirements of the Insurance Team.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Insurance function by highlighting areas for improvement and by the continuous improvement of self.
- Ensure all processes and polices are followed correctly, ensure any changes in legislation are captured and highlight areas where these are being neglected or circumnavigated.
- Work as part of a dedicated team and demonstrate a unified approach to delivering exceptional customer service.
- Proactively engage in open communication with your line manager allowing effective review meetings, team meetings and development activities.
- Identify trends, hot spots or problem areas for further analysis and intervention.
- Assist to deliver a programme of risk management activity to improve the Groups resilience to insurable risks.
- Assist to deliver first class training materials, advice, guidance and campaigns to raise awareness of and improve compliance with insurance policy and procedures with an aim to improving claim experience and a future reduction in insurance costs.
- Provide advice on the Group insurance cover and assist with the renewal.
Experience and pre-qualification criteria
- Proven experience of dealing with Property Insurance Claims, ideally from a Housing Association or local authority background
- A demonstrable commitment to achieving customer service excellence, together with strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- GCSE’s in Maths and English at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Experience in a high volume transactional environment
- Acute attention to detail and strong investigatory skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Excellent IT skills specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Insurance databases
Please apply online or call Maxine or Andrea at Reed on 01603 616190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com