REED in Teesside are currently looking for 2x Underwriters to join a leading insurance firm based in County Durham.
Paying a competitive salary with onsite car parking, you will be joining a growing team.
• Work in line with the underwriting process and procedure for warranties, including the implementation of policies for all of the organisations' Insurance products.
• Monitor and maintain client memberships.
• Generation of sales leads/quotes for insurance products.
• Maintain the CML Register.
• Take part in a training and development program particularly in respect of sales personnel, to ensure understanding of financial conduct.
• Together with the management team, implement and manage a claims process in accordance with FCA requirements.
Key Skills & Competencies
• A person who can embed the philosophy of embracing change within their business division to build a workforce that holds zero resistance to change processes.
• Self-sufficient, solutions focussed and able to solve problems in a generalist and specialist capacity.
• Proactive and extremely well experienced in introducing new ways of working within all insurance aspects of the business.
• Celebrating success and sharing best practice across the business when a benefit can be seen to the business.
• Demonstrate good communication skills.
• Demonstrate motivation skills that promote performance within the Insurance team.
• Ability to take initiative and make difficult decisions when necessary.
• Highly driven and capable person who is able to work effectively.
• A collaborative person who is able to properly engage with and build relationships with key stakeholders in order to achieve business goals.
• Strong analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
• Availability to travel when necessary.
• The ability to communicate at all levels.
• Have attention to detail picks up on mistakes and rectifies before problems arise.
• Passion and drive are just two of the qualities you possess.
Qualifications & Experience
• Financial services related degree desirable.
• Have an understanding of the FCA requirements.
• Willing to work towards membership of Chartered Insurance Institute.
• Underwriting experience within an Insurance business.
• Proficient in Microsoft office software including emails, calendars, word and excel.