REED Accountancy are working with a very well respected Public sector organisation in Sheffield, who are looking to acquire a Interim Deputy Head of Finance on a 12 Month Contract basis.
The organisation now requires an experienced accountant with a track record of delivering organisational change, who can support the Director of Finance and take ownership of leading the management team to implement and embed change. The successful candidate will bring the required skills and experience that the Department lacks and will bring independence to the process.
- £55,000 - £60,000
- Generous Holiday Entitlement
- Located near Meadowhall
- Free parking
- Flexible & Agile Working
- ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Delivering organisational change – essential
- Working in a large organisation – essential
- Leading a team - essential
- Finance Business Partnering – desirable
- Public sector experience – desirable
The main focus is on implementing and embedding change within the Department:
- To lead and support the Chief Accountant and Senior Finance Business Partner in embedding the approved accountancy / finance business partner structure. This will involve reviewing the existing structure to ensure it is fit for purpose and meeting the needs of stakeholders, identifying and resolving any barriers and implementing and embedding the change.
- To lead and support the Exchequer Accountant and Payroll Manager, working with the People and Organisational Development Department, to deliver business change following the go live of the Oracle Cloud Project.
- The organisation is considering the benefits of setting up a commercial team to more effectively manage lower levels of procurement. There is a potential opportunity to get involved in supporting this project.
- There will be the opportunity to get involved in and take ownership of other areas of work within the department including financial planning, budget setting, budget monitoring, final accounts, governance, insurance, pensions, payroll and exchequer.
- The postholder will also be required to provide support to and deputise for the Director of Finance and will be required to attend meetings.
- Reward Leave (additional 1-2 days annual leaves to reward employees with no sickness/absence)
- Voluntary CPD Events for all staff to allow continuous development
- Mentoring & Coaching Scheme
- Paid Professional Subscriptions when relevant to role
- Access to range of Occupational Health facilities
- Employee Assistance Service – (accessible 24/7)
- Additional benefits for Westfield Health members
- Cycle to work scheme
- Sports and Social Club
- Free travel pass offered for the first month of employment – (through Travel South Yorkshire)
- Generous Pension Scheme