My client a highly successful law firm in Norwich City centre are seeking a full time Secretary / Administrator to join their team.
This is a full role working Monday to Friday 9:00 to 5:00 pm with great opportunity to grow within a reputable law firm.
Within this role you will be responsible to provide full secretarial and administrative support to the Court of Protection within the Estates Department.
Duties within the role are varied and will include:
- Take responsibility for specific delegated tasks e.g. paying carers’ salaries on time and completing reports to the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Comply with all aspects of the firm’s core values of strong client relationships
- Adhere to Client Service standards
- Manage incoming correspondence, emails, telephone and filing using the firm’s IT systems
- Answer phone calls in line with the firm’s policy
- Meet clients when they come into the office, for example, to collect or leave documents for the fee earners
- Take responsibility for alerting the appropriate person regarding any feedback received from a client
- Use plain English in all communications and ensure information is presented in a clear, logical and structured way
- Use the appropriate form of communication, for example emails, letters telephone calls or face to face conversations
- When appropriate, make file notes of telephone calls or meetings
- Attend internal office meetings, as and when required
- Previous experience of working in a relevant team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- A positive and helpful attitude
- Use of initiative within limits of knowledge and authority
- Ability to work as part of a team and readiness to provide support and assistance wherever it is needed
- Ability to take responsibility for own work
- Being courteous and professional in all work matters, acting with integrity and recognising the need for complete confidentiality
- Remaining calm under pressure
- Having a positive and enthusiastic approach to IT systems and as a minimum having a good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Prepared to visit care homes/vulnerable people
For this position a legal background is desirebable with excellent administration skills.
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary and great company benefits.
Interested? Please call Michelle Topley on 01606 616190 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively apply online.