Reed Education are currently seeking a Maths Teacher for Years 7-11 at a Special Needs School.
The students work on the national curriculum from KS2-KS4 with some adaptations to promote access to learning where required for specific needs. Every student takes at least 3 core GCSEs with various other optional subjects across a range of humanities and vocational topics.
Class sizes are relatively small with up to 14 in Lower School and c. 8 in Senior School. Many students have additional 1-2-1 support and there is a strong in-house Therapy team to support learning and communication development.
This role is paid to Fringe Scale working full time on a long term basis for the remainder of the Autumn Term. The post could become permanent if the successful teacher wishes to apply for the permanent job.
- Qualified Teacher Status (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of the UK Maths Curriculum
- Experience/knowledge of SEND needs
- Available from November full time
- DBS on Update Service (or willing to apply for one)