I am currently recruiting an Operations Manager for a rapidly growing client based in Colchester. The Ideal candidate will have experience working in the construction industry. This a busy office with plenty of variety and scope to learn at a fast pace. This will be an office-based position. The Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5pm with 30 minutes lunch break, 20 days holiday per year.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following:-
- Overseeing the daily operations for the business and being the main point of contact for the project managers and their engineers.
- Diary management and job scheduling for the project team
- Negotiation of costings with suppliers
- Tendering and managing third party contracts
- Management of the fleet of vehicles, services, mot etc
- Training and CSCS cards for engineers updating training Matrix and ensuring all employees have current cards
- Maintaining ISO accreditations and management systems
- Dealing with insurances, customer and supplier portals to ensure information is up to date
- Processing of subcontractors documents ensuring information has been received and insurance is correct and relevant training for required sites
- Keeping up to date with current legislation including COVID requirements, GDPR etc
- Liaising with our employees on any requirements e.g PPE, workwear etc
- Processing new starters and leavers ensuring all information has been received
- Duty of care for our apprentices
- Liaising with customers and suppliers and subcontractors
- Authorising engineers weekly time sheets and monitoring trackers
- Organising hotel bookings and travel arrangements for Project Managers and engineers.
- Updating websites and LinkedIn profiles
- Following up leads for the project managers
- Raising Purchase Orders for our Project Managers
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong IT skills for software packages.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. word, excel and outlook.
- Attention to detail
- A flexible, proactive can-do approach to work.
If you want to join this growing team and have the experience required. Please click on the link below to apply